There are now two separate tests that you have to pass before you can get a full licence to drive a car. There’s the Theory Test, which is a computerised, touch screen test covering a basic knowledge of traffic signs, road markings, road sense, hazards, rules and regulations and then there’s the practical driving test which is for your actual basic driving ability. Both these sections of the test need to be passed before you are allowed to drive on a public road – unsupervised.
Tom Grainger School of Motoring will assist you in every way to achieve this. We provide a complete service and we can also help you with your licence applications.
- Take your lessons on a more frequent basis or on a more intensive basis.
- Your instructor will monitor your progress and will inform you when you are ready for the test.
- Study for the Theory Test.
- Pass the Theory.
- Continue with your Driving Lessons.
- Take a Mock Practical Test before taking the real thing. ( This will give you an idea of what to expect on the big day).
- Take your practical test.
Hopefully pass your driving test first time.
If you fail – It’s not the end of the world. You’ll always have another chance and your instructor can work with you to fix the faults that your Examiner highlighted.